BUY AMERICA TRANSIT SUPPLY CHAIN CONNECTIVITY FORUM
- Government agencies (U.S. DOT, state transportation, and local economic development agencies) that will be the public investors in the procurement and operation of transit equipment;
- Large Transit OEMs and Tier 1 Suppliers, such as Alstom Transport, Cummins, Kawasaki, New Flyer, and Nova Bus, that will be delivering next generation transit equipment for service in the U.S.;
- Confirmed OEMs attending include Alstom, BAE Systems, BYD Motors, Cummins, Gillig, Kawasaki, New Flyer, Nova Bus, Proterra;
- All size U.S. manufacturers who can potentially be suppliers, including manufacturers who currently supply to the transit industry, as well as those that do not, but could; and
- The DOC/NIST Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) – a federal/state/private partnership operating in all 50 states that will serve to connect U.S. manufacturers with supply opportunities, and provide assistance to manufacturers as appropriate.
This Forum represents an opportunity for manufacturers with capabilities that are potentially relevant in transit to grow and diversify into this emerging market.
Registration fee is $25 per attendee for this event, breakfast and lunch is included. Enter in your company’s promotion code to receive $5 dollars off your ticket price. TMAC-Gulf Coast will contact you prior to the start of the event to finalize payment. If you cancel your registration 14 days before the event, there will be no refunds issued.
October 15, 2014
8 AM to 5 PM
George R. Brown Convention Center
1001 Avenida De Las Americas | RM 362 | Houston | TX
|8:00am||Registration & Continental Breakfast|
|8:30am||Welcome Remarks & Forum Introduction|
|9:00am||U.S. Department of Transportation Keynote & Buy America Overview|
|1:00pm||MEP Assistance Opportunities & Resource|
|1:30pm||Blue Green Alliance Rail Industry Study|
|2:05pm||Introduction to One-on-One Meetings & Closing Remarks|
|2:15pm||One-on-One Meetings & Networking Reception|
BUY AMERICA TRANSIT SUPPLY CHAIN CONNECTIVITY FORUM PARTNERS
The mission of the Department of Transportation is to serve the United States by ensuring a fast, safe, efficient, accessible and convenient transportation system that meets our vital national interests and enhances the quality of life of the American people, today and into the future.
National Institute of Standards and Technology‘s (NIST) Hollings Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) works with small and mid-sized U.S. manufacturers to create and retain jobs, increase profits, save time and money, develop new customers, and expand into new markets. Founded in 1988, the nationwide network consists of more than 1,200 technical experts located in every state working to transform U.S. manufacturers to compete globally, support supply chain integration, and provide access to technology for improved productivity.
In business since 1995, TMAC Gulf Coast has served almost 600 manufacturers. Our mission is to help grow the Gulf Coast economy by assisting small and medium sized manufacturers build successful businesses. Our specialist’s strive to deliver seamless, consistent services that help manufacturers increase sales and reduce costs. The Texas Manufacturing Center is an affiliate of the Manufacturing Extension Partnership, a federally funded program under the National Institute of Standards and Technology. A non-profit organization, TMAC consists of a statewide network of public and private sector partners, which work together to provide hands-on technical assistance to Texas manufacturers.